Non Verbal communication
between the different departments of a company is crucial to improving
communication and productivity. The introduction of videoconferencing in
the field of business resolved the problem of high cost associated with
travel and time in companies all around the world. Videoconferencing is now
an important means of communication between the different organizations of
What is videoconferencing?
Videoconferencing is the process of
conducting a real time meeting with various individuals in different areas
with the aid of cameras and microphones. This allows them to send images
and sounds across long distances.
The 10 key points to
- Install video hardware and software
- Install audio hardware and software
that the camera is positioned so that the visual image transmitted is
clear and pertinent to the other party.
- Dress accordingly to the background. .
- Ensure that audio & video feed is being
- Speak clearly and audibly.
- Minimize gestures.
- When you are not speaking, ensure that the
microphone is switch off.
- Do not interrupt the other interlocutor.
- When concluding the conference, summarize and
ensure that all points of the meeting have been covered.